Monday, December 1, 2014

Follow Your Nose

Driving in the city I get to see all kinds of things, especially the drivers. The close proximity gives great perspective on who is around you. This can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on the situation.
So there I am, driving along listening to my tunes and notice beside me a rather expensive high end brand named vehicle. Inside I observe a very well groomed and well-dressed individual who is obviously a little better off than most people due to intelligent career and financial choices made early in life. They drive along side of me in what seems to be a very comfortable bubble of conveyance totally oblivious to the world outside of their hermetically sealed horseless carriage.
I just can’t help but let my mind drift into a fantasy world, and we all do this, about how nice it would be to have the expensive car, expensive clothes, financial stability and vacations a lot of us could never afford. My mind then wanders father into things such as winning the lottery and what I would do with the seemingly endless pile of winnings. Oh yes. How sweet it would be to win the lottery. Any lottery. Not a care in the world. Let’s fly to Paris for breakfast my dear.
With reality flowing back over me I sneak another peek at the person next to me, those images in my fantasy dreamland come crashing to the ground like a sack of wet cement. The person in the fancy car calmly and slowly, without looking around, oblivious to the fact that the windows are transparent, reaches up with his free hand and PICKS HIS NOSE.

I looked away before I could see whether he wiped it on his suit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment