Saturday, March 4, 2017

A Load of Crap



I’m going to talk shit in this entry. I know, I know. Some of you are saying to yourself “He does that every entry”. Well, I only have two things to say about that. One, you are entitled to your opinion even if you’re wrong. Two, you’re wrong (lol).

I’m going to talk about dog shit. Or more to the point, the abundance of it these days. There is actually a section of the street that I live on nicknamed “Dog Shit Alley” because of the overwhelming amount of crap on the sidewalk that people neglect to pick up. You cannot walk on the sidewalk anymore without stepping on a “land mine”. I shit you not. There is a blatant neglect to collect.

Are people becoming that lazy these days? The strange twist on this is that I see discarded dog poop bags that have been flung off to the side, or on someone’s lawn, randomly. The only situation that can I see here is that you picked up after your dog because there was a person, or people, watching. You then later flung the bag in a random direction when there was nobody watching. You poor excuse for a dog owner. This seems to be the only reason for the pick-n-fling. I bet that your dog looks at you with questioning eyes asking “why did you even bother to pick it up in the first place you pathetic example of a human? I think I’m going to run away the next time I get off of this leash”. And it’s becoming all too common, and not just in the city.

I run my dog on the trails that are a bit outside of town. We’re fortunate enough that there is a rather varied selection of trails within a close proximity, and we utilize them regularly. And yes, I pick up after my dog. Unless he goes into the woods where only he can fit. Then it becomes a nature issue along with the other critter crap.

Why is there a poop prejudice anyway? That’s right, a prejudice. Not quite a racism thing, but discriminatory all the same. Let me clarify.

You are walking along and happen upon a deposit of dog droppings. Your first thoughts are, “Eeeww, dog shit. Don’t step in it whatever you do”. You would even take it further as to comment on the lazy dog owner not picking up after his animal and the like. “I can just picture them, in their pajama pants, looking around to see if anyone is watching”. Don’t even try to deny it. You do so. But that’s not the point I’m trying to make here.

This shitty, lopsided, discrimination portion of the program is this.

You see Dog shit = disgusting (Yucky dog shit in the tread of my shoe. I need to find a stick to scrape this off.)

You see Horse shit = Interesting (Wow, look, horse shit! Don’t see that every day)

You see Rabbit shit = Cute (Oooh look. Fluffy little bunny poo.)


Splain it to me Ralph. Because, when it’s all said and done, it’s still just a complete load of shit.

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree with you more!! I have been a dog owner all of my life, and sometime multiple dogs...we never left shit on a sidewalk or my neighbours lawn. BE responsible people! Good article Chris, take care T.

    ReplyDelete