Wednesday, March 11, 2015

To Dog or Not To Dog


I wasn’t going to write about this topic but it has become an ongoing intolerance to me and shows no sign of diminishing in its annoyance any time soon. I really was hoping that it was a seasonal thing being winter and colder and all that sort of bullshit that people use as excuses to become too lazy to do what they are supposed to. But it seems not.
I would like to even say that I myself could justify these actions, or rather inactions, if I really twisted my reality in that favour. I mean really twisted it. Inaction is the more accurate word. I just don’t get it. Please explain it too me. Don’t try to only justify it to me by any means, because that’s not what I’m looking for. Explain it, with an intelligent and rational reason with accompanying argument, because I don’t think there is one.
The main reason that I didn’t want to write about this was the fact that lately we have gotten a new addition to the family. That’s right, you guessed it, we got ourselves a dog. You thought I was going to say something else right? Like a new car or big screen TV or something like that? Wrong. It’s a dog.
That in itself is exciting enough and I will get to the how and why in an other edition of this series. Yes, I’m calling it a series so what?
Just to let you know that I have had dogs before. A many number of them over my years, of assorted shapes and sizes. Not a noob here.
Anyway, so we got this dog right, and he’s a real piece of work. By that I mean he’s extremely smart, and is rather a fast learner. A faster learner than I could be. And I’m pretty quick let me tell ya. Wait a minute, maybe I shouldn’t say it like that. Let’s just say that he’s a really smart dog K? “Uber” is a good term here.
Getting back to my point in all of this I feel I need to let you know that he loves to run. He loves the trail and going to the off-leash dog park. So much so that he will never actually stop running on his own judgment. Whether it’s with another dog, chasing after a ball, playing keep away with a stick, or just being a dog and sniffing the butt of the newest dog to enter the park. No matter how tired he truly is, he seems to feel a need to keep going, just in case he misses something. Or so it seems. Just to let you know, a tired dog sleeps rather soundly. It’s awesome.
Here’s the point to all of this. I pick up after my dog, plain a simple. And my dog poops a lot. Oh my god he poops a lot. So much that I actually Googled “my dog poops a lot” to find the norm. But that’s not the point.

Call it stoop and scoop, bag it and tag it, shit in the mitt, or whatever. Pick it up people. How can people that return to the same dog park or walk the same trail on a regular basis, if not daily, feel that they are above picking up after their pet. I am overwhelmed at just how much dog poo is actually right in the middle of the path. I mean right in the center where you are walking. At the very least, remove it from the walking path in consideration of people that are walking there.
To those of you that leave your dog’s crap in the middle of the pathway and still do not understand because you are an idiot, this means remove it from the place where humans will be stepping, you moron. I bet you don’t like walking in dog poo yourselves. I would hate to see what your house looks like if you are that lazy you can’t pick up after your dog
If you take offence to this then you are truly the moron. Feel free to add your comments if you can find the right place to do so, moron. Hint: It’s at the bottom of this post somewhere.
That effort seems to be beyond most people. The actual part of pulling out a plastic bag and picking up the droppings eludes them for some reason. Yet inflicting it on others seems to be ok as long as no one is looking apparently. If you don’t know how, I’m sure that there is a YouTube video to show you how to do it that may also include saving money on non pet store poop bags and crap. See what I just did there?

All of this leads to the fact that there is no justifiable reason for there being so much dog poop all over the place. If you don’t want to clean up after a dog, then don’t have one. Plain and simple moron.

3 comments:

  1. Stepped in some poop did ya? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some superstitious people would say that stepping in poop is good luck.
    Cup half full kind of way too look at it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would think that it would make me lucky enough to NOT step in it by now.

      Delete