Saturday, January 10, 2015

Learn To Keep Your Mouth Shut

Keeping my mouth shut when you feel an opinion building to the point of it wanting burst out of you is indeed an art form. A rather difficult art form to master. When something happens at my place of employment it makes it all the more difficult. When I feel an injustice has been perpetrated, the easiest thing to do is tramp myself into the office and give someone a piece of my mind over it. Depending on the severity of the situation this urge can easily over power my conscious thought to the point of not having any.
Just such an occurrence happened recently. Feeling wrongfully done by, I was completely prepared to go head on into that very brick wall until I stopped myself. This takes practice folks. Lots and lots of practice believe me. Almost all of the time rational thought is not an option only because there isn’t any at the time. You need to remind yourself of what transpired the last time you did this kind of thing. Not just at work but anywhere you have had an overwhelming opinion wanting to escape without you noticing. I will escape you like an unseen prisoner going for the wall, up and over, before you realize it, gone, out there, free. Not always a good place for these kinds of opinions to be.
This time however I remained silent and let it go just to see how it may further play out. Keep in mind that this is one of the most difficult things that a human being will attempt. It’s the ultimate test of any person’s willpower and self-control. It grates on you throughout the day no matter what you read, music you listen to or other people you talk to, it will remain at the forefront of your mind.
As it turns out the situation worked out in my favour in the end. Later in the day and totally unrelated, I was offered an opportunity for advancement in my position from my employer. An opportunity that I would probably not have had time, nor resources for, had this so called injustice to me not happened.
Looking back on the day I truly feel that this offer may very well not have happened at all.  Learn to keep your mouth shut. Good things can happen.

1 comment:

  1. I tell people to shut up all the time, and they just don't listen!!! These people need to read your blog, and understand I am doing this for their own good!!
    Luv ya sweet cheeks!!

    ReplyDelete